Monday, March 21, 2011

Where Do We Go From Here?

I said I wasn't going to blog much about my dating life, and I plan to stick to that statement.  However, I'm at an interesting point in the dating game that begs for some reflection and writing might help me sort this out.

I'm sort of seeing a few guys at the moment, but none seriously at this time.  I don't know where I go from here -- how do I choose which one(s) to keep seeing?  More importantly, what exactly do I want right now?  Do I want a serious relationship?  If not, how do I keep a budding romance from becoming serious?  For that matter, what defines "serious"? 

I'm really not sure what I want right now.  I miss having a real companion, so casual dating might not get me there.  I thought I was ready for dating and a relationship, but on the other hand, I'm not sure I want to jump into a commitment at the moment -- I'm having fun testing the waters, having my own life, not answering to anyone, and really living for the moment instead of thinking about how everything I do would affect a potential relationship, or how another person might react.  Plus, it might be nice to get more established in Austin and in my career before adding a relationship to my life mix.

On top of not knowing what I want, I'm not sure how to go about achieving that -- how long can one maintain a "casual" relationship?  When everyone involved agrees to "take it slow," what does that mean, and how does that happen, realistically? 

I guess I don't have any reflections, insight, or wisdom to share with this post.  Just a lot of unanswered questions.  I suppose the biggest one is:  how do I figure out what I want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment