Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Speaking of Names....

It's time to re-name the blog!  I'd say I'm no longer "rebuilding"....I've built a whole different life instead.  Since Brian died, I've moved to Austin, then San Antonio.  I've dated, married, and had 2 children.  I've changed jobs.  I've acquired another cat.  I've sold our house, moved in with a new husband, sold his house, and picked out another one for our family.  I think I've re-built plenty!  And, arguably, at 35 I may not be classified as "young" anymore...but we don't have to render an official verdict on that, regardless of whether I ditch that part of the blog name.

So....I'm going to be rolling this over in my mind a bit, but I'm open to suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy!
    My name is Rachel Porto and I am a fellow widow. I am currently working with a non-profit for widows called Widow Confidential. We are just getting started but I am so excited about the opportunities this org will offer to widows. I am the Content Program Director and I was stopping by today to see if you might be interested in writing for our website. As we get ready to launch, we're looking for widow writers interested in writing both one-time and recurring pieces. We have a variety of sub categories we would love to see articles for. Our aim is to have many widow voices on our website, covering a wide variety of perspectives. If you'd be interested, please feel free to shoot me an email at Rachel@WidowConfidential.com. You can check my personal blog (attached here) for a little bit more info as well as our website, www.widowconfidential.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A widow is a woman whose spouse has died, while a widower is a man in that situation. The state of having lost one's spouse to death is termed widowhood. These terms are not applied to a person after he or she becomes divorced from their former spouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand your comment. I am not divorced. I became a widow when my first husband died, and I am now married to my second husband.

      Delete