Monday, November 29, 2010

Homeward Bound

I'm heading to my soon-to-be hometown of Austin, TX this afternoon. I'm spending this week (Monday-Friday) in Austin with the purpose of picking out an apartment. It will be strange in that I am deviating completely from what is familiar to me -- a house in the suburbs with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a bar downstairs -- and getting a smaller pad where location is king. However, I'm very excited about the lifestyle I hope to have in Austin. I am looking at places in Austin proper, not in any suburbs. I even have a specific part of Austin that I've honed in on -- southwest downtown and/or Lady Bird Lake (some of the lake is in East Austin, like the place I lived over the summer). I want to be next to trails and water, but minutes from some of my favorite restaurants and bars, Whole Foods, Black Swan Yoga (a studio I started going to over the summer and loved!), Waterloo Records, and live music venues.

I will blog all about my place when I pick it out.

Wow -- this Austin thing is getting real! I am stoked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment