Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Place

While living in Austin, I'm subletting a studio efficiency loft.....i.e., one room with a tall ceiling! This is the first time I've lived somewhere without a separate bedroom, kitchen, etc. At least the closet, bathroom, and utility/laundry closet have doors!
The owners of the loft had a tenant who moved out at the end of April and the owner's cousin is going to move in around August 14 (to attend UT Law), so they needed a short-term renter. Worked out perfectly for me! I found this place on Craigslist, which was replete with short-term renting options in Austin. The great thing (beside the location and price) is that I write one check a month for rent, which includes all the bills. I even have high speed internet, expanded cable, and a DVR! The DVR was an unexpected bonus, which I'm sure my friend Shane appreciates, as I would have made him record all my shows on his otherwise! (He lives a couple blocks down the road.) Alas, now I don't have to choose between Monday sushi/karaoke night and new episodes of The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. :) Oh, and the place came fully furnished, so all the furniture, bedding, towels, etc. were included so I was able to fill the entire SUV with clothes, shoes, and purses. Not that I brought that much....at least by my standards.
Enjoy the pics....most are pretty self-explanatory...the metal goat, however, probably warrants an explanation -- my neighbors across the hall have it outside their door, which is at the top of the stairs leading to the second floor (where I live). As some of you might know, I'm quite clumsy and frequently have mishaps on stairs. I am always fearful that I will trip up the stairs and be impaled by this goat-devil's sharp, rusty horns!

On that note, enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

  1. Love the place! It looks very comfy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may need to ask neighbors to remove the goat...or at least turn it to the side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I LOVE IT - IT'S GORGEOUS! Like out of a magazine! :D

    ReplyDelete