Monday, April 4, 2011

Short and Sweet Update

After a rough Friday night, I had a very good weekend with "Antonio."  We did a lot of fun things, including my first NBA game.  Now I can say I've been to at least one professional game in all the major sports leagues in America -- MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA (sorry, soccer, you don't count as "major" here yet). 

One nice thing about "Antonio" is that I've known him and have been seeing him for a while, so he is used to me talking about things Brian and I did together, he has seen the pictures I have on the walls, he knows that a lot of my friends were Brian's friends, and he knows that I'm still in touch with my in-laws.  None of this bothers him, and he knows it has no bearing on the way I feel about him.  I guess I sort of took that for granted, but I made a point of thanking him for being understanding and supportive, and for allowing me to be my whole self in that way.  I said, "I'm sure it would be hard, with me talking about him so much and being close with my in-laws and everything," and he said, "I don't mind at all.  They're your family.  I understand."  And he meant it too, I could tell. 

Also, I'm looking forward to a visit from some Iowa friends this month, including a day at the Old Settlers' Music Festival to see the Avett Brothers.  I'm really excited about that!

Anyway, just wanted to share with my blog world that the last few days have been great and that I'm looking forward to some other great things in the near future! 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a good weekend, and hooray for the Avetts!! Just saw them recently in concert and am hoping to again soon...sigh...

    With him adding in the "they're your family" part, I'm thinking I like the sound of this guy.

    ReplyDelete