Monday, February 28, 2011

Another Perspective on Widowed Dating...

I happened to come across a blog post written by a widow that discusses dating and remarriage as a widow, and thought the commentary on this was very insightful.  I particularly liked the recognition that people on the outside judge widows for moving on without realizing that the grieving continues even though life moves on, and that includes one's love life.  The two are not mutually exclusive, and I want to stress that to those in my life who are reading my blog (and those I don't know who are reading it as well!).  Just because I'm going to start dating again doesn't mean I won't still miss Brian, that I won't still break down and cry at times, that I will have "finished" grieving and all my complicated emotions will dissipate and that I'll no longer have unanswered questions.  I'll still be the same person, grief and all.  It's just that I'm looking for a friend and companion to be by my side during the rest of my life's journey.

For more on this topic, see: http://freshwidow.blogspot.com/

1 comment: