Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On the Move

An update on my status as a semi-Iowan/semi-Texan:

I booked a trip to Austin for the week after Thanksgiving and plan to pick out an apartment on that trip. I will begin the moving process in December, and it is looking like I will be able to move the cats down to Austin in mid-December on a private flight to Austin at no cost to me (keep your fingers crossed for that to work out!). I am going to try to talk one of my Austin friends into living at my new pad and watching the cats until I can be there full-time.

At this point, my house has been on the market for over a month and I have yet to get an offer on it. I had planned to stay in Iowa until my house sold, but I also am done working at the firm here in Iowa and am looking forward to getting started with my new life in Austin, so I'm just going to go for it! Besides that, I was immensely concerned about how to best move three cats (two of whom don't travel well at ALL), and had the opportunity come up to be on a private flight next month, so I figured I need to take advantage of that.

It is looking like the month of December will be a transitional month for me, and I'll really get started on settling in after the first of the year (as far as a new job, etc. goes).

I will keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment