Wednesday, June 30, 2010

P.S. Regarding the Last Post

Just for anyone who doesn't know how to handle an anniversary, birthday, etc....I don't suggest you actually say "Happy Anniversary" or "Happy Valentine's Day," etc. That would probably make someone upset -- it is not really a happy day! I think a good way to approach it with someone who is struggling is simply to say, "I just want you to know I'm thinking of you today," or, "I imagine today must be hard. You are in my thoughts."

Also, I don't want my post to be interpreted as though anyone has done anything wrong. No one has. We are all learning together. I didn't know how I would want people to handle the anniversary. Our society isn't well versed in these things, and every person is different. The post below is just my take on my feelings, and I'm putting it in writing because it's the only way I know to share them.

My friends and family have been incredible and I'm blessed to have the support system I do. Thanks, everyone! You all keep me going when I don't know if I can put one foot in front of the other anymore and when I can't even see the path.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you a hug. I'll be the first to admit it is hard to know what to say. I think about you often.

    ReplyDelete