Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whirlwind Week

In the past seven days...
...I took possession of a condo in Austin (to use for writing, weekends, and eventually a rental/investment)
...I moved a houseful of stuff (plus cats!) out of my apartment (2.5 stories up, no elevators) and into Sheldon's house
...one cat almost got eaten by a dog and was briefly lost outside
...one glass got broken....but not a fancy one
...I took part in an amazing birthday celebration for a friend, who was lucky enough to play a packed house at Saxon Pub on a Friday night
...I got my apartment leased out to a couple of guys from L.A.
...I've had two credit cards have their information become "compromised" and become useless
...I cried to strangers in a bar bathroom after finding out that an acquaintance in Iowa killed himself
...I coordinated a four-way move involving an apartment, a condo, a house, and a converted church-to-loft
...a stranger I know I was meant to meet became a friend over a couple glasses of wine

Last but not least, I'm headed off to Europe this morning! I'll be gone for 10 days, which I'll spend exploring Germany, Switzerland, and Austria with my in-laws, including an aunt and uncle and a cousin who I'm really excited to see.  One of the highlights should be spending Oktoberfest in Munich.

It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks!  The moving out of the apartment happened much quicker than I thought, as the tenants who moved in wanted in ASAP.  Instead of moving at the end of the month, after my Europe trip, I scurrried to move out in a few days.  I'm literally signing off on the paperwork on my way to the airport this morning to finalize it all, and also stopping at the bank to sign the check for half of September's rent, plus the agreed-upon portion of my security deposit that the lease takeover-ers are paying me.

I'm amazed that I've made it this far.  Somehow, through all of this chaos -- and "chaos" is the only word that can explain what my life has been for the past two weeks straight -- I've maintained my sanity and mostly kept my composure.  I've only cried at appropriate times, like when I've dealt with the deaths of family members and friends.  "Antonio" and I never went to blows, and actually shared a lot of laughs and good conversations along the way.  It's gone so smoothly with him by my side that I know I'm doing the right thing (not that there was any doubt in my mind anyway).  I'm excited about my trip to Europe, and just as excited to settle down at home with Antonio when I get back.

I will take lots of pictures and will be sure to re-enter the blogosphere upon my return.  Until then, happy trails to you, my readers!  May your journey be just as enjoyable as mine is now, even if it's not quite as winding and bumpy.


No comments:

Post a Comment